According to some analytic firms, Yahoo and Bing are better at performing searches than the stalwart amongst internet search engines, Google. The search giant dropped to 66.05% of all the searches made in US in July that means dropping 2% in just one month. Yahoo whereas climbed 4% above to 15.07% from last month.
The reports have made a clear suggestion that Yahoo and Bing do a way better job than the search giant in providing search results, which is a search engine’s main and the only task.
Why do Yahoo?
- Yahoo Answers is a commendable concept that allows users to ask questions or answer other user’s questions.
- Also from online gaming to music, Yahoo proves to be a grand entertainment web portal and provides for good leisure engaging.
- Yahoo Finance proves competition for some biggies in the race, like CNN Money and TheStreet.com as it contains a great wealth of original content. With Google finance, yet not launched, Yahoo gets a point up for this inclusion and its user-friendly interface which is compatible for use with both new investors and finance gurus.
- Controversial privacy policies at Google could one up Yahoo which has superior privacy policies and deals better with the privacy concerns of its users.
Why Bing it on?
- YouTube could be a great Google invention, but there are places you could cut Bing some slack especially with Bing videos. It allows is a grid of thumbnails of relevant videos displaying content which you can preview if you hover around over them. Without scrolling, Bing is able to show more than three video search results, which are commendable.
- Also, if you look for flight tickets, Bing shows you the price of the itinerary and also predicts when the flight costs might sway to the upper side. Bing provides red or green symbols indicating the fluctuations in the flight fare. By far this is the best feature this search engine has to offer to the regular traveller. Though it does not guarantee cheaper prices, it could suggest a time fit to book a ticket at.
Despite Google’s alleged complaint that Bing was copying Google’s search results, which lies still unproven, some web surfers believe that Google does not match up to its earlier standards. Users also mentioned believing that search results in Google often lead to affluent sites that pay for their Google ranking and hence open up first when a keyword is searched for leading to their discontent with google for manipulating search result data.